Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Change of Pace

As part of my quest to a healthier me I have begun adding more time to my current workout routine and making sure to go to the gym at least 6 times a week. Not only do I feel even better it has me thinking about other ways to improve my body, like yoga. I have tried it before and found it difficult. I am use to being sweaty and out of breath for an hour a day but to be sweaty and focus on only my breathing is another thing. My mind is normally going 100 miles a minute and to quiet it for an hour is extremely difficult for me. However, it is my new goal to practice yoga at least once a week. I know the quieting of my mind will help to make me a more centered person and the strength and stretching will improve my body and other athletic endeavors.

Picture from lululemon blog and hopefully me soon!

So, in search of a change of pace I began looking at new classes and therefore gyms. Now let me tell you that I love my gym, I have gone to Fitness First in Arlington for 2.5 years and they have been amazing. However, they offer a limited number of morning classes and to vary my routine I need more choices. So starting March 1 I will officially be a member of Gold’s Gym in Ballston! I am super excited about this since it is closer to my house and my roommate Stephanie is a member, yay for workout dates! I will keep you all updated on how my yoga adventure goes. If anyone has tips on practicing yoga please feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment