Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Asian Inspired Scallops

Last week was a very hectic week and I didn't cook as much as I would have liked. So on Friday I decided I wanted something delicious and low in calories, scallops! I absolutely love seafood so when I want a treat I turn towards shrimp, scallops, or fish. I also wanted to use a lot of ingredients that I already had so I decided to make my own recipe. I was inspired by kabobs but seeing that is it February I tweaked the recipe just a little so I didn't have to stand outside in the cold. Surprisingly, it turned out very well!


Ingredients:
6 tbsp soy sauce
3 tsp wasabi powder
1 tbsp honey
1 1/2 tsp ginger
1 lb scallops
8 mushroom caps halved

Directions:
1. Preheat grill or for me the panini press (which doubles as a grill for me).
2. Combine the soy sauce, wasabi powder, honey, and ginger in a bowl. Toss scallops and mushrooms in sauce.


3. Grill scallops and mushrooms until finished, about 4-5 minutes. I turned them halfway to allow for even grill marks.


4. Toss over rice or couscous.


Of course you can always add more delicious veggies. I just happened to have a bunch of mushrooms in my fridge so this worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment